Insurance In Ohio
Ohio Insurance Institute is a member-driven trade organization comprised of leading domestic, regional, and national property and casualty insurance companies and related organizations throughout the state of Ohio.
With 50 member companies, a forward-thinking board comprised of industry leadership, innovative committee members, and a talented staff, we’re dedicated to advocating for our members, sharing information about the many insurance careers available in our state, and providing effective communication to consumers.
How We Work For You
Legislative & Regulatory Affairs
- Facilitates a member-driven legislative committee, which works together to establish consensus positions among members on public policy matters that facilitate a highly competitive, stable, and predictable environment.
- Actively represents member interests before Ohio’s General Assembly and provides timely updates on key legislative and regulatory issues.
- Nurtures and maintains positive relationships with the executive branch of government and presents a united industry response on a multitude of diverse state regulatory issues that impact the property and casualty insurance industry in the state.
- Monitors hundreds of bills pending in the Ohio General Assembly that impact the property and casualty insurance industry and presents background information on behalf of the industry before state legislative committees.
- Nurtures and maintains positive relationships with members of the state legislature and other elected officials.
- Leads a robust process of member approved amicus briefs filed on behalf of Ohio’s insurance industry.
Education & Workforce Development
- Aids the growth and development of Ohio insurance careers through outreach programs and statewide coalition efforts that include colleges, universities, state agencies, and nonprofit organizations.
- Leads Speakers Network volunteers who present to classrooms and civic organizations in an effort to strengthen insurance understanding.
- Facilitates insurance education program tailored to all grade levels for educators to use as a classroom resource.
- Annually provides an Insurance Educator of the Year award to an outstanding Ohio educator instructing on insurance or financial literacy topics.
- Created and manages insurancecareers.org, a resource for insurance career information.
- Helped foster the creation of more than a dozen insurance risk management degree and certificate programs at Ohio colleges and universities and continues to collaborate with higher education to establish more insurance educational opportunities.
- Created 30 career pathway resources featuring in-demand industry careers that include daily responsibilities, educational requirements, important skills, average salaries and more for each career.
- Provides timely information about property and casualty insurance in Ohio, as well as related safety topics through publications, blogging, social media, and more in an effort to help build consumer understanding.
- Serves as credible industry resource on topics affecting the understanding and operations of Ohio’s property and casualty insurance industry.
- Partners with members on communicating important industry topics to the public.
- Distributes News Briefs covering timely state and national insurance topics and trends.
How Our Members Work Together
We offer a unique opportunity for members of competing companies to come together and establish goals for the benefit of Ohio’s property and casualty insurance industry in the following ways:
- Collaborate through committees to continue fostering a stable and competitive insurance market, educate consumers on insurance topics, and fill the insurance career pipeline.
- Attend our Annual Meeting and Midyear Meeting each year. At these meetings, members help guide the organization’s priorities, discuss industry topics, speak with key political candidates, participate in committee meetings, and engage with fellow members.
Join us! Request additional membership information here.
Ohio Insurance Institute membership is available to insurance companies admitted or authorized to do business in Ohio. Full membership is proportional, based on company premium volume in Ohio. Associate foreign and affiliate memberships are also available to companies, insurance trade groups and industry-related organizations.