Education & Workforce
The insurance industry is one of the largest employers in Ohio, employing more than 115,000 workers at over 275 insurance companies across the state. To help the industry develop and attract top talent, we assist in creating a talent pool of potential employees by providing resources and aiding educational institutions in establishing insurance programs.
We also partner with Ohio educators to provide insurance resources to help students understand the property and casualty insurance industry so they can make educated consumer decisions, as well as inform them of the many career opportunities available.
What We Do
- Aids the growth and development of Ohio insurance careers through outreach programs and statewide coalition efforts that include colleges, universities, state agencies, and nonprofit organizations.
- Leads Speakers Network volunteers who present to classrooms and civic organizations in an effort to strengthen insurance understanding.
- Facilitates insurance education program tailored to all grade levels for educators to use as a classroom resource.
- Annually provides an Insurance Educator of the Year award to an outstanding Ohio educator instructing on insurance or financial literacy topics.
- Created and manages insurancecareers.org, a resource for insurance career information.
- Helped foster the creation of insurance risk management degree and certificate programs at Ohio colleges and universities and continues to collaborate with higher education to establish more insurance educational opportunities.
- Created 30 career pathway resources featuring in-demand industry careers that include daily responsibilities, educational requirements, important skills, average salaries and more for each career.