OII members are encouraged to participate on committees. For more information, email the staff contact.
- Education: OII invests in the future through an extensive teacher and student insurance education program, with information geared toward all grade levels. Additional committee efforts include coordinating an industry speakers network for schools and service clubs and advising on industry workforce development initiatives, including the OII’s insurancecareers.org site. The site serves as a clearinghouse for information on careers and promotes a variety of career opportunities in Ohio’s insurance industry.
- Staff contact: Amanda Sklavenitis
- Education Committee Chair: Jim Dooley, State Auto
- Legislative: This committee serves as the industry liaison between members and Ohio’s legislative and regulatory bodies. OII’s efforts include information services to state lawmakers and agencies, and government and regulatory officials. The committee is responsible for developing insurance industry positions on behalf of its members before legislative and regulatory bodies. This division also offers and arranges for testimony during legislative hearings, and monitors insurance-related legislation.
- Staff contact: Michael Farley
- Legislative Committee Chair: LaVawn Coleman, Grange Insurance
- Public information: The OII public information committee plays a vital role in building consumer understanding of insurance and related safety issues. This committee guides OII’s media relations efforts, especially as the voice of Ohio’s P/C insurance industry. Key responsibilities include consumer outreach programs and materials, marketing communications, web and social media programs, publication and coalition development, issue campaigns and strategy development.
- Staff contact: Dean Fadel