OII’s 2017 Midyear Meeting is Wednesday, March 8, at the Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square, downtown Columbus. The meeting kicks off at 8 a.m. with the OIIPAC breakfast fundraiser with members of the Ohio General Assembly hosted by the OII. All members of the Ohio Insurance Institute are invited and encouraged to attend.
The Midyear Meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. following the breakfast fundraiser.
Featured speakers for the OII Midyear Meeting include:
- Mark Russell, President & CEO of Ohio Mutual and Sandy Harbrecht, President & CEO of Paul Werth Associates will be sharing industry workforce initiatives along with the Insurance Industry Research Council’s (IIRC) Insuring Ohio Futures 2016 Ohio Insurance Workforce Report.
- Rep. Mike Duffey, chair of the new House Higher Education and Workforce Development Committee
- Rep. Tom Brinkman, newly-appointed House Insurance Committee chair
- Sen. Bob Peterson, the new Senate president protempore
- Sen. Jay Hottinger will introduce our luncheon speaker, Ohio Department of Transportation Director Jerry Wray. Wray will talk about how ODOT addresses safety issues and autonomous vehicles.
Both the Legislative and Education Committees will hold meetings following the luncheon at 1:30 p.m.
Former Justice Eve Stratton will join us for lunch and talk at the Legislative Committee Meeting, sharing her knowledge and experience regarding the utility of amicus briefs.
As always, there is no fee to attend the Midyear Meeting or luncheon. Please register online by March 1. The registration form is password-protected. Contact Kathy Strawn (614.228.1593) if you have trouble accessing the registration, which requires your OII user name and password.
8:00 a.m. OIIPAC Breakfast Fundraiser with Ohio House and Senate members
9:00 a.m. Midyear Meeting registration
9:30 a.m. OII Midyear Meeting
Noon Luncheon featuring Ohio Transportation Director Jerry Wray
1:30 p.m. OII Legislative Committee
1:30 p.m. OII Education Committee
All meetings and events will be held at the Sheraton Columbus Hotel at Capitol Square, 75 E. State St. in downtown Columbus. Meeting room information will be provided at the Midyear Meeting registration table on March 8.
We recommend parking at Columbus Commons, located at 55 E. Rich St.
OII has a limited number of rooms reserved at the Sheraton at a reduced rate of $152 plus tax per night on a first-come, first-served basis. Please make your room reservation online by February 14.
OIIPAC BREAKFAST FUNDRAISER
In conjunction with the OII Midyear Meeting, the OII Political Action Committee (OIIPAC) is sponsoring its annual fundraiser with members of the Ohio House of Representatives and Ohio Senate, including members of the House and Senate insurance committees.
The breakfast reception is from 8-9:30 a.m. Please encourage others in your organization to attend and show industry support for OIIPAC and members of the Ohio General Assembly.
Make your $250 personal or PAC check payable to OIIPAC. Either bring your check to the breakfast or send in advance to: OIIPAC, 172 E. State St., Suite 201, Columbus, OH 43215-4321.
Business attire is appropriate for all of the events of the day.
Although there is no registration fee to attend the meeting, luncheon or committee meetings, please complete the password-protected online registration form by March 1. Contact Kathy Strawn (614.228.1593) if you have trouble accessing the meeting registration form, which requires your OII user name and password.
MIDYEAR MEETING LINKS
- OIIPAC Breakfast
- OII Midyear Meeting Registration Form
- Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square directions
- Sheraton Columbus online reservations
- Columbus Commons parking